Pink Lotus (Nelumbo nucifera)
Sacred aromatic Pink Lotus Absolute, this flower blooms in Egyptian hieroglyphics and tantalizes humanity with her beauty and aromatic qualities of sweet honey nectar.
- High Vibrational Perfume Ingredient
- Meditation Aid
- Mood Enhancement
- Sacred Anointing Oil
- Sensual Play & Lovemaking
Aromatic Scent: Effervescently Sweet, Deeply Floral, with notes of Honey Drizzled Spice ~ Nature’s Candy
Dr. Nick Notes
Revered as a truly sacred flower in many cultures, Pink Lotus Absolute invites one into a deep state of remembrance of the divinity in all. In ancient Egypt, Pink Lotus was regarded as being a symbol of the sun and creation. It was believed to have regenerating powers and is depicted in hieroglyphics and art of Upper Egypt. This species of lotus was introduced to Egypt from Persia and can now be found cultivated throughout India, Sri-Lanka, Indonesia and other parts of the world in tropical pools.
Nelumbo nucifera is Pink Lotus botanical name and has a long history of living with humans for about 7,000 years. Pink Lotus absolute's magic can be observed through some unique biological characteristics such as seed longevity of 1,300 years, rhizome viability of 50 years, and thermogenic properties. It’s thermogenic properties is believed to be a result of its symbiotic relationship with the heat dependant beetle that pollinates its flowers. Ayurvedic traditions claim "Pink Lotus exquisite aroma beckons the mind into stillness, clarity, and devotion."
The essence of Pink Lotus Absolute is associated with a long history of sacredness and its essence carries a deep sense of magic into perfumes and anointing blends. Add into exquisite botanical perfumes using fine artisan spirits or a stable carrier oil for a sensual anointing blend. Lotus extract adds deep regal character into a warm bath and truly quiets the mind and heightens the senses. Pink Lotus oil / Absolute extract is a superior ingredient to combine for elegant and masterful botanical perfumes. This is an ingredient to covet for each perfumer!
How to Use
- Apply 1-5 drops into a warm bath for deep relaxation, inner peace & stillness.
- Use as a perfume or anointing oil to initiate a deep state of meditation and sacred ritual.
- Great to use to enhance sacred sensual experiences with a loved one, first infusing some into a edible carrier oil.
Not well documented for medicinal use. Suggested for botanical perfumery & decadent sensual application.
Blends Well With: Blue Lotus Absolute, Cassia, Cassie Absolute, Frankincense Carterii (CO2), Rose-Geranium, love Magic in all forms, Mimosa Absolute, Palo Santo, Rose absolute, Rose Otto, White Sage.
Cultivation: Cultivated / Farmed
Country of Origin: Sri Lanka
Extraction Method: Solvent Extracted
Parts of Plant Used: Flowers
~ Wondrous Flowers Sing ~
- Essential Oils - A Handbook for Aromatherapy Practice, 2nd ed., Jennifer Peace Rhind, 2012, p. 248.
- Fragrance and Wellbeing - Plant Aromatics and Their Influence on the Psyche, Jennifer Peace Rhind, 2014, pp. 319-320.
- Lotus and Water Lily Perfume Notes," Victoria, June 2005, https://boisdejasmin.com/2005/06/note_of_the_wee_2.html
- Pink Lotus Absolute - Profound botanical and human history," Rachael Shapiro, Perfumer & Flavorist, 2004, 29: 74-78, http://media.allured.com/documents/PF_29_06_074_05.pdf
- Blending at the Heart: Lotus and Tuberose Absolutes," Elise Pearlstine, August 2011, http://tambela.com/blog/blending-at-heart-lotus-and-tuberose/
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product. *