Muhuhu Oil (Brachylaena hutchinsii)
Muhuhu Oil, rare & precious “African Sandalwood” extract delivers superior cosmetic properties bringing balance to skin and supports the physiology by alleviating stress, elevating mood & promoting relaxation ~ be tranquil!
– Ingredient in Botanical Perfumery
– Mild Analgesic
Aromatic Scent: Soft caramel creme, maple notes, woodsy and tannic.
Dr. Nick Notes
Muhuhu (AKA African Sandalwood) oil is extracted from the wood of the Muhuhu tree that is Native to Kenya, Tanzania, and the African Coast. The trees provide wood often used for construction, sculptures, and carpentry due to its durability and beautiful finish. Wood shavings are a by product from furniture industrialization and from these wood shavings, this precious essential oil is produced using a traditional steam distillation process.
Muhuhu is quite useful in cosmetics, botanical perfumery and as a therapeutic ingredient. It is also beneficial to treat dry, inflamed, and/or oily skin. The aroma is similar to sandalwood and has similar therapeutic properties, hence the nickname “African Sandalwood”. This is a less commonly used / available essential oil and adds a lovely vibration into ceremonial blends, botanical perfumes and adds effectiveness in beauty care products.
How to Use
- Dilute 2.5-5% infused into your favorite carrier oil and apply to minor skin wounds and acne as an antiseptic (Jojoba works great!).
- Apply into aromatherapy blends to support relaxation and relieve stress.
- Diffuse several drops into a diffuser to emit throughout the room ~ promote a calm and peaceful environment!
- Infuse 2-5 drops into a warm bath tub for a truly regenerative, calming experience.
- Massage 3-5 drops into the bottom of the feet before bedtime to clear the mind and restore the nervous system.
Blends Well With: African Copal Bark (CO2), Black Pine, Cedar Atlas, Frankincense Carterii (CO2), Lavender, Liquidambar, Myrrh (CO2), Neroli, Patchouli, Royal Sandalwood, Spikenard, Ultrasonic Vanilla Absolute, Vetiver
Country of Origin: Tanzania
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Parts of Plant Used: Wood
Terpenes: α-Amorphene, Brachyl Oxide, Copaenol, Copaenol+unknown, δ-Cadinene, α-Calacorene, Ylangenal, Cubebol, Cadalene, α-Muurolene, α-Copaene, Ylangenol, α-Ylangene, γ-Amorphene
Tisserand, R., Young, R., & Williamson, E. M. (2014). Essential oil safety: a guide for health care professionals (2nd ed.). Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product. *