Plumeria Absolute AKA Frangipani Absolute (Plumeria alba)
Plumeria oil or our true semi-solid Plumeria flower extract "Plumeria Absolute", is extracted from Plumeria flowers; this sacred flower flourishes in tropical lands all over the world ~ uplifting to the mood, emotional system and a wondrous ingredient in Botanical Perfumery.
- Balances Nervous System
- Expands Heart
- Use in Botanical Perfumery
Aromatic Scent: Deeply Sweet, Floral, and Etherally Intoxicating Honeysuckle Notes
Dr. Nick Notes
Plumeria is a stunning flower shrouded in beauty with legendary around Hawaii and various islands. These gorgeous flowers grow on the small Plumeria alba tree native to the Caribbean, Mexico, and Central America ~ Frangipani oil is now cultivated in tropical areas around the world. In mythology, Plumeria is seen as a symbol of peace and tranquility. Some Indian philosophy seems this as the “Tree of Life”, and associates Frangipani flowers with death and funerals. Malaysia considers it’s fragrance reflective of the undead. These beautiful frangipani flowers have developed a tradition for use in tropical islands (Hawaii & Tahiti) for making ceremonial leis.
Our Frangipani Absolute is derived from the tropical five petaled flowers of the exotic Plumeria alba. These flowers are creamy white and spiral open to reveal a soft yellow/orange shading towards its center. The scent whispers shades of vanilla, creme with a dry undertone ~ our Plumeria Absolute extract is quite thick: waxy and semi-solid, not much of a liquid oil solution. Frangipani Absolute seems to add beautiful notes combined with other flowers, waxes, resins & essential oils. I prefer this beautiful extract with other exotic extracts to add rich creamy dimensions in botanical perfumery. To enjoy Plumeria Absolute on it's own, I will take a tiny scoop and apply a small smudge along my wrists and neck to be fully adorned in this sweet powdery magick.
How to Use
- For use in botanical perfumery to promote an sensuous floral experience.
- Apply a small scoop onto the wrists or neck to promote more creativity and enhance meditation.
- Tune into the frequency of Frangipani - allow her to guide you into your heart space.
Only to be used in botanical perfumery. Not recommended during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Blends Well With: Ylang Ylang, Tuberose Absolute, Pink Lotus Absolute, Rose-Geranium, Rose Absolute, Blue Lotus Absolute, Jasmine Sambac, Lavender, Neroli, Grapefruit, Blood Orange, Red Mandarin, Vanilla(CO2), Cassia(CO2), Nutmeg(CO2),
Country of Origin: Sri Lanka
Extraction Method: Solvent Extracted
Parts of Plant Used: Flowers
Terpenes: Limonene, Linalool, α-cedrene, caryophyllene oxide, (E, E)-α-farnesene
~ Flowers Full of Leis ~
- “Perfumer’s Nose: The Lovely Frangipani,” Elise Pearlstine, July 2015, http://tambela.com/blog/perfumers-nose-the-lovely-frangipani/
- “CaFleureBon: Tropical Flowers and Fruits in Perfumery,” contributed by Elise Pearlstine, July 2012, http://www.cafleurebon.com/cafleurebontropical-flowers-and-fruits-in-perfumery-12-perfume-postcards-from-paradise-draw/
- “Frequent Questions: Differences between Plumeria, Frangipani, Jasmine, Sampaguita & Pikake,” Elena Vosnaki, March 2011, http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/2011/03/frequent-questions-differences-between.html
- “Frangipani & Leather,” Ayala Moriel, July 2008, http://ayalasmellyblog.blogspot.com/2008/07/frangipani-leather.html
- “Frangipani,” Jeca (author), https://www.fragrantica.com/notes/Frangipani-151.html
- “Constituents of essential oils from the leaf and flower of Plumeria alba grown in Nigeria”. Lawal OA, Ogunwande IA, Opoku AR. Nat Prod Commun. 2014 Nov;9(11):1613-4. PMID: 25532294
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product. *