Anthemis nobilis aka Chamaemelum nobile
Roman Chamomile essential oil is well known in the herbal world for it’s robust calming qualities, great for soothing the stomach and balancing the mood. One of the few essential oils which can be applied neat (undiluted) and used appropriately can be safely applied with infants.
– Balances Mood
– Digestive Aid (Stomachic)
– Mild Analgesic
Aromatic Scent: Soothing hay-like embers, herbaceous and dreamy ~
Dr. Nick Notes
Chamomile is one of the most ancient medicinal plants used by humans. Intriguing history for this plant, Roman soldiers would use the oil to prepare themselves for battle to calm the nervous system, promote courage, and support mental clarity. It is energetically calming, uplifting, and promotes an overall state of well being. Ancient Egypt dedicated this plant to the Sun and Moon. Some esoteric traditions rever chamomile in use for spells towards peace, love, tranquility, and purification.
Roman Chamomile essential oil therapeutic properties are very similar to German Chamomile – our experience leads to German Chamomile to be MORE therapeutic regarding inflammation & phenomenal for allergenic symptoms. Roman Chamomile tends to have pronounced soothing, calming effects on the Central Nervous System (CNS) and be a superior stomachic aid. Gentle enough to use with young children (2+ years) on the bottom of their feet – not many essential oils are this safe & efficacious!
Roman Chamomile has a bright and cheery feel to it that invites the user to soften. This plant originates from Northwestern Europe and it’s become a common medicinal plant in teas and salves worldwide. Very soothing aid for the digestive system, the essential oil can be placed in warm water to produce a relaxing tea which is soothing to the digestive system.
A powerful ally for those who are feeling the pressures of the modern world and would like to return to a state of balance!
How to Use
- Add to 1-5 drops into a warm bath to soothe a sore body and relax when feeling stress.
- Diffuse into the air to promote a clear and peaceful energy in the environment.
- Inhale through the hands or gently heat and breathe through an essential oil vaporizer (ie. Essential VAAAPP or FireFly) to promote a state of calm and clarity.
- Great ingredient for aromatherapy formulations – Use to aid symptoms of insomnia, sadness and overactive stress.
- Add 1-2 drops mixed thoroughly into warm water, tea to calm the stomach and soothe the nervous system.
- Infuse into massage oils, shampoos, creams, salves, and cosmetics to support the skin, calm overactive mind and relax the body.
Precautions: None Known
Blends Well With: Lavender, Clary Sage, Bitter Orange, Jasmine Sambac, Ylang Ylang, Lemon, Bergamot, Spikenard, Cedar Atlas, Peppermint
Country of Origin: France
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Parts of Plant Used: Flowers
Terpenes: Isobutyl Angelate, Butyl Angelate, 3-Methylpentyl Angelate, Isobutyl Butyrate, Isoamyl Angelate, 2-Methyl-2-Propyl Angelate, 3-Methylpentyl Isobutyrate, 2-Methyl-2-Propyl Angelate, Camphene, Borneol, α-Pinene, α-Terpinene, α-Thujene, Chamazulene, (E)-Pinocarveol, Hexyl Butyrate, Terpinolene, Isobutyl Isobutyrate, Anthemol, γ-Terpinene, Isoamyl Isobutyrate, δ-3-Carene, Isoamyl 2-Methylbutyrate, 2-Methylbutyl 2-Methylbutyrate, Isoamyl Butyrate, Pinocarvone, β-Myrcene, β-Pinene, β-Phellandrene, ρ-Cymene, Isoamyl Butyrate, Propyl Angelate
~ Stay Calm & Relax ~
- Tisserand, R., Young, R., & Williamson, E. M. (2014). Essential oil safety: a guide for health care professionals (2nd ed.). Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product. *