Lemongrass Essential Oil
Lemongrass Oil (Cymbopogon flexuosus)
Lemongrass is a delicious revered plant that has been used for thousands of years for preparing asian dishes and curries & has been used in Asian cultures to support immunity and fight against seasonal flus. Lemongrass essential oil benefits include:
- Elevates Mood
- Insecticidal Bug-repellent
- Reduces Stress
- Skin Astringent
Aromatic Scent: Bright, lemony fresh citrus with a light grassy, herbaceous citronella like undertone.
Dr. Nick Notes
Lemongrass oil is quite notorious for its relaxing & antiseptic properties. Lemongrass is popularly used across the world; in cultural foods, in our favorite beauty care products & used in botanical perfumery diffused. Lemongrass is a widespread culinary herb most famous for use in the cuisine of Southeast Asia.
Lemongrass essential oil offers an incredible array of benefits from headache, detoxification to a reduction of cellulite and tonifying of skin. This powerful extract aids in inhibition of acute infection in the digestive tract, great for use during acute food poisoning. Lemongrass essential oil is great for use as an antiperspirant (try adding into baking soda for a homemade deodorant). Lemongrass boosts the immune system and is both calming to the nervous system and is mildly euphoric and uplifting to the mood.
My favorite uses for Lemongrass oil are using in a diffuser at home, adding in lemongrass to homemade soups (especially well diluted) or upleveling my beauty care products with very small amounts (< 0.7%) to increase tonifying effects. Lemongrass essential oil fights bacteria and helps to fight illnesses such as the common cold, especially when used with a vaporizer (Essential VAAAPP or Firefly). Fun history, Lemongrass was one of my first essential oils and helped spark my interest in the world of essential oils!
How to Use
- Add a few drops to soup, tea, or sauce and savor the flavor.
- Air Freshener ~ add a few drops to water and use mixture as a mist - add other essential oils (ie. lavender/peppermint) to customize your own natural fragrance.
- Diffuse several drops to promote a good night sleep - it helps calm the nervous system and relieves stress.
- Freshen up your home by adding lemongrass oil to a natural cleaning product, try 0.5%-1.5% Lemongrass in solution.
- Infuse 1-10 drops into 4 ounces of water and spray it inside your toilet, shower and garbage cans to refresh & eliminate bacteria.
- Radiant Skin - Apply a drop of lemongrass oil diluted with several drops witch hazel to enhance the skin’s natural health and beauty.
- Skin Health - Add lemongrass oil (<0.7%) to shampoos, conditioners, deodorants, soaps, and lotions - its antiseptic and astringent properties make lemongrass oil perfect for getting even and glowing skin, serving as a natural toner.
Lemongrass essential oil side effects: Lemongrass may cause skin sensitivity - Concentrated amounts may irritate the skin. If you have diabetes or are pregnant, please consult a physician before use. Drug interactions exist with lemongrass essential oil (drugs metabolized by CYP2B6).
Maximum Daily Oral Use (pregnancy): 46 mg
Maximum Dermal Use Level: 0.7%
Blends Well With: Basil, Cedarwood, Coriander, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Silver Fir, Geranium, Ginger, Jasmine, Lavender, Lavandin, Rosemary, Turmeric, and Tea Tree.
Country of Origin: Sri Lanka | South Africa | Nepal
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Parts of Plant Used: Leaves / Grass
Terpenes: Geranial, Neral, Geranyl Acetate, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Mycrene, Caryophyllene oxide, 6-Methyl-5-hepten-2-one, 1,8-Cineole
Tisserand, R., Young, R., & Williamson, E. M. (2014). Essential oil safety: a guide for health care professionals (2nd ed.). Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product.
3 reviews for Lemongrass Essential Oil
Anonymous (Essential Oil Wizardry) –
Rocco S. (Essential Oil Wizardry) –
New York, United States
Always love e clean scent of lemongrass
Sara L. (Essential Oil Wizardry) –
California, United States