Leleshwa Essential Oil
$35.00 – $65.00
Leleshwa Essential Oil (Tarchonanthus camphoratus)
Leleshwa essential oil or “African Wild Sage” comes from a refreshing sage indigenous to Eastern Africa, providing a similar type of broad-spectrum, anti-microbial benefits to Tea Tree.
- Natural Bug Repellent
- Reduces acne
- Used in Skin Conditions & Dandruff
Aromatic Scent: Refreshingly herbaceous, with notes of menthol and a dab of citrusy lemon.
Dr. Nick Notes
Leleshwa has many names - African Wild Sage, Wild Camphor Bush and in Swahili it is known as Mikalambati. The leaves have been traditionally used to cleanse, disinfect the body and deodorize the skin. It is energetically purifying and uplifting, similar in it’s anti-infective properties to Tea Tree but more palatable.
My experience in inhaling this essence is similar to weaving in tea tree & white sage together, less medicinal, more refreshing and full power clarifying! Personally I use this oil neat for purifying cuts or wounds when I travel - consider carrying a bottle to apply to the hands after using the restroom as a natural replacement for alcohol solution which dries out the skin heightening sensitivity to infection.
Leleshwa essential oil is great vaporized in an Essential VAAAPP or Firefly device for clearing the lungs, breaking up mucus and stimulating the immune system supporting recovery during infection. Less common botanical ingredient, adds refreshing, stimulating qualities to a blend while adding broad-spectrum anti-microbial activity. Fantastic ingredient to add into your favorite liquid soaps and home cleaning products - truly this uplevels your quality of home living.
Add Leleshwa to your home medicine chest, you will enjoy this rarity!
How to Use
- Add 1 - 2.5% to homemade natural cleaning products to enhance antiseptic properties.
- Add 0.75% - 1.5% into shampoos / soaps to aid with dandruff, itchy scalp and feel super fresh.
- Dilute at 2.5-5% in a carrier oil and use to support skin acne and infections.
- Diffuse 1-5 drops into the air using a diffuser to purify the energy of the space while reducing microbe count.
- Experiment with creating home aromatherapy blends to enhance mental clarity or anti-microbial properties.
- Natural bug repellent ingredient: synergistic with Citronella, Lemon Eucalyptus, or our Bug Repel formulation!
Always dilute in carrier oil before applying to the skin. Avoid for pregnant and breastfeeding women. May be irritating OR too strong for sensitive individuals.
Blends Well With: Black Spruce, Cedar Atlas, Eucalyptus Polybractae, Frankincense Carterii (CO2), Lavender Vera, Palo Santo, Patchouli (Dark), Peppermint, Rosemary cineole, Thyme linalool, Vetiver
Country of Origin: Kenya
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Parts of Plant Used: Leaves
Terpenes: Fenchol, 1,8-cineole, a-terpinol, a-pinene, trans-pinene hydrate, terpinen-4-ol, camphene
~ In Gratitude ~
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product. *
1 review for Leleshwa Essential Oil
Stephen I. (Essential Oil Wizardry) –
EOW products are of superior quality! I’m enjoying all of the products I’ve purchased!