$25.00 – $55.00
Vetiver Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides)
Powerful earthy tones deliver rooted vibrations, Vetiver oil is potent for centering, grounding and balancing overactive nervous systems and delivers superior skin suppleness in beauty care.
- Nerve Sedative
- Cardiovascular Stimulant
Aromatic Scent: Deeply Complex ~ Earthy, Woody, and Maple hues with musky root tones
Dr. Nick Notes
Vetiver oil is a spectacular essential oil and really should be in everyone’s botanical collection. Vetiver essential oil is produced is made by steam distilling the roots of the perennial grass Vetiveria zizanoides. The plant is native to India where it is called “Khus” and is now cultivated in tropical regions around the world. Vetiver oil expresses a deep earthy, woody, and calming scent and delivers superior balancing qualities to the nervous system.
Vetiver extract provides a deep base note to bring depth, lasting fixative aromatic notes and a calming balance in aromatherapy & botanical perfumery blends. A great ally to balance emotions when stress, anxiety, fear, and depressive symptoms are being experienced. Vetiver oil is very grounding and aids in balancing the root chakra to keep a person in their physical body while journey through life. This is helpful for calming an overactive nervous system and staying present with the tasks, beauty and challenges at hand!
Vetiver oil is a great antiseptic for the skin and may be used to reduce acne and support minor skin conditions. When infused into other carriers [ie. Tamanu, Rosehip (CO2), Copaiba] Vetiver can soften the dermal layers and deliver highly nourished skin with regular usage. Phenomenal blended with Rose & Sandalwood for aromatic and therapeutic qualities!
How to Use
Vetiver oil is credibly thick - you may choose to remove the orifice reducer OR in-joy the lesson in patience. It takes about 45-75 seconds for a single drop of pure vetiver essential oil to pour from the orifice reducer in the bottle at room temperature. Good luck in winter months!
- Add to aromatherapy blends to promote emotional balance and still the mind.
- Apply neat to the bottom of the feet before bed (deeper rest) or at the start of the day (get focused & balanced)
- Combine with Helichrysum, Tamanu & Copaiba oil and apply directly to mild scarring or recent injuries.
- Diffuse into a room to promote a relaxing environment (must be combined with another essential oil for effective diffusion).
- Dilute in carrier oil to at less than 15% and apply to acne, minor wounds as antiseptic.
- Infuse 1-5 baths into a warm bath enhance relaxation and rejuvenation.
- Superior ingredient for facial, skin care products - try infusing 1-5% into your favorite, chemical-free formulas.
Dermal Maximum of 15% according to Tisserand and Young. Avoid use during pregnancy.
Blends Well With: Cedar Atlas, Copaiba, Frankincense, German Chamomile, Lavender, Muhuhu, Myrrh(CO2), Palo Santo, Patchouli, Rose Absolute, Spikenard, Royal Sandalwood
Country of Origin: Haiti, Indonesia or Sri-Lanka
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Terpenes: Zizanol, Vetuselinenol, Cyclocopacamphan-12-ol, α-Cadinol, α-Vetivone, β-Vetivenene, β-Eudesmol, β-Vetivone, β-Vetispirene , Khusenic Acid , γ-Vetivenene, (E)-Eudesm-6-en-11-ol, γ-Cadinene ,β-Calacorene, (Z)-Eudesm-6-en-11-ol, γ-Amorphene, Ziza-5-en-12-ol,β-Selinene, (Z)-Edesma-6,11-diene, Salvial-4(14)-en-1-one, Khusinpol, Cyclocopacamphan-12-ol, Selina-6-en-4-ol, Khusian-ol, δ-Amorphene, 1-epi-Cubenol, Khusimene, Ziza-6(13)-en-3β-ol, Ziza-6(13)-en-3-one, 2-1pi-Ziza-6(13)-en-3α-ol, γ,12-Nor-ziza-6(13)-en-2β-ol, α-Amorphene, α-Vetisperene, Eremophila-1(10),7(11)-diene, Dimethyl-6,7-bycyclo-[4.4.0]-deca-10-en-one, 10-epi-γ-Eudesmol, α-calacerone, (E)-Opposita-4(15),7(11)-dien12-ol, Prekhusenic acid, 13-Nor-eudesma-4,6-dien-11-one, Isovalencenol, Spirovetiva-1(10),7(11)-diene, 2-epi-Ziza-6(13)-en-12-al, (E)-Isovelencenol, Preziza-7(15)-ene, (Z)Eudesma-6,11-dien-3β-ol, Isoeugenol, Isokhusenic acid, Elemol, Juniper Camphor, Khusimone, (Z)-Isovalencenol, allo-Khusiol, Methyl-(E)-eremophila-1(10),7(11)-dien-12-ether, Funebran-15-al
~ Forever Rooted In Love ~
The Aromatherapy Practitioner Reference Manual, Volume 2 , Sylla Sheppard-Hanger
Tisserand, R., Young, R., & Williamson, E. M. (2014). Essential oil safety: a guide for health care professionals (2nd ed.). Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product. *