Turmeric Extract (CO2)
Turmeric Extract (Curcuma longa) ~ CO2 Extract
Popular spice from India, health claims of Curcumin (found in Turmeric root) have recently highlighted Turmeric Extract for it's anti-inflammatory and potent antioxidant effects. Common turmeric essential oil uses include:
- Anti-nociceptive (Reduces Pain)
- Cosmetic Additive (Pain, Inflammation or skin care)
- Food Additive
Dr. Nick Notes
In 2010, I worked with a well-respected dermatologist in Encino who took only one supplement daily: Turmeric extract. This specialist claimed that he was convinced from his research that people who eat turmeric live longer. "This is why people who live in India have such long life spans" - curry rich in turmeric is a common staple in Indian diet.
Our Turmeric CO2 extract is quite pronounced, quietly spicy and full of flavor. Turmeric essential oil will stain clothing and is quite viscous and sticky - I enjoy ingesting turmeric essential oil by adding 1-3 drops into a pot of veggie chili or large kale salad. Sometimes I will add Turmeric extract to my morning smoothies or take several drops internally in a capsule.
It's difficult to fully quantify my experience in working with this oil as my usage is inconsistent. Love the flavor, the pungent fragrance and how fresh it appeals. I've enjoyed adding a few drops into honey jars to really spice up the therapeutic benefits of honey! I've noticed when I take about 10-15 drops in a capsule, about 20-45 minutes later, my awareness/vision seems to expand and my focus hones in. Turmeric Essential Oil & Turmeric Extracts are powerful supplements ~ If you are looking for a quality source of 100% pure turmeric essential oil / CO2 extract, we are delighted you found this Organic Turmeric CO2 extract!
How to Use
- Wonderful to add 1-2 drops Turmeric extract into tea.
- Try combining with ginger and/or black pepper essential oil.
- Add into lotions/salves for increased health benefits (may stain skin).
- Great potent spice, use in foods in very small concentrations (ie. 1 drop in 8-16 ounces of food or beverage)!
Notes: Organic, CO2 Extracted
Terpenes: ar-turmerone, curlone, ar-curcumene
~ Be Blessed ~
1) An evaluation of antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antinociceptive activities of essential oil from Curcuma longa. Indian Journal of Pharmacology. Sep-Oct 2011; 43(5)526
2) Sacchetti G, Maietti S, Muzzoli M, Scaglianti M, Manfredini S, Radice M, et al. Comparative evaluation of 11 essential oils of different origins as functional antioxidants, antiradicals and antimicrobials in foods. Food Chem. 2005;91:621–32.
3) Negi PS, Jayaprakasha GK, Jaganmohan Rao L, Sakariah KK. Antibacterial activity of turmeric oil: A byproduct from curcumin manufacture. J Agri Food Chem. 1999;47:4297–300. [PubMed]
4) Jayaprakasha GK, Jena BS, Negi PS, Sakariah KK. Evaluation of Antioxidant Activities and Antimutagenicity of Turmeric Oil: A Byproduct from Curcumin Production. Z Naturforsch C. 2002;57:828–35. [PubMed]
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product. *
1 review for Turmeric Extract (CO2)
Leif Hedendal (Essential Oil Wizardry) –
California, United States