Powerful broad-spectrum healer from the Amazon, supporting digestive issues, severe bleeding, ulcers, topical infections used in jungle arts / crafts & shamanic ceremonies.
– Collagen Regeneration
– Natural Dye / Art
Aromatic Scent: Astringent, fruity, slightly acrid with notes of liqueur.
Dr. Nick Notes
Dragon’s Blood is a potent elixir for the skin. Also known as Sangre de Grado, blood of the dragon in spanish, it has a long history of therapeutic use in South America. Its sap, resin, and bark all have history of use but it is the sap and resin that have been most commonly referred to when talking about the therapeutic benefits. We are unsure as to whether the Dragon’s Blood we offer is the pure latex sap or isolated distillation of the resin but the therapeutic properties are the same either way.
Traditionally used internally and externally to stop bleeding, promote the recovery of wounds, treat infections, and intestinal issues. Taspine is documented as being a component that is antiviral and promotes wound healing properties. The proanthocyanidins in Dragon’s Blood have been shown to promote collagen regeneration. Some preparations have been made and pharmaceutically patented using the proanthocyanidin polymer from croton species (SP-303) as an anti-diarrheal. It has been clinically used to aid stomach ulcers, ulcerative colitis, and Crohn’s disease with a degree of success.
Using the concept of the doctrine of signatures, realizing that the blood like sap from a wounded tree can assist in healing of our own wounds makes sense. Dragon’s Blood is used as a potent natural dye for painting, staining clothing in the Amazon. Dragon’s Blood is absolutely considered a “cure-all” in Peru based on my personal experience engaging with medicine elders in the region. True Dragon’s Blood will foam up when rubbed into the hands for about 30 seconds and becomes “activated” to be applied to the wound region. Dragon’s Blood aids in scarring recovery for burns and is used on Kambo application. Wondrous broad-spectrum gift from the blood of the trees to the peoples of the amazon!
How to Use
- To activate, rub into the hands for ~30 seconds and solution becomes foamy. Apply to wounds to sanitize and promote healing
- Add to skin care products to promote regeneration and tonify the skin.
- Add 1-5 drops to water, warm tea, or juice to soothe GI and promote regeneration.
- Applied to burns to promote scarring & healing ~ used in Kambo work, placed over application.
- Used as a natural dye, can be used as a paint or onto fabrics for clothing.
None known. Can stain skin/clothing.
Country of Origin: Peru
Extraction Method: Tapped from Tree
Parts of Plant Used: Resin / Sap / Latex
Known Active Constituents: Taspine, Proanthocyanidin
~ Medicine from the Amazon ~
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product. *