RavINTsara Oil (Cinnamomum camphora)
Ravintsara Oil (Ho Leaf) is a potent aromatic extract that aids in respiration while delivering powerful anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory activity.
- Antimicrobial activity
- Bronchodilatory Effects
- Muscle / Joint Pain (mild)
Aromatic Scent: Fresh, exulting & opening – Eucalyptol notes dance with subtle pepper & woody tones.
Dr. Nick Notes
RavINTsara is a powerful extract which was one of the first unique and potent essential oils I learned of in 2011 from John Steele – RavINTsara is commonly mistaken with Ravensara on the essential oil market, which I extended the same mistake for many years. This is cool and refreshing, uplifting with powerful expectorant qualities. Applied into a diffuser, using the palm-inhalation method, vaporized in or applied into a carrier oil to be applied over the chest (ie. Argan oil)
Cinnamomum camphora is native to China south of the Yangtze River, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, and Madagascar (where ours is sourced from). Madagascar produces some very refreshing oil when the leaves are distilled, superior for symptomatic relief for respiratory dysfunction. Over the years, some clients have reported great short-term effects using RavINTsara (often mistaken for Ravensara in my past) using a diffuser or vaporizer (Essential VAAAPP) to support asthma, COPD and other respiratory dysfunction.
RavINTsara is a wonderful, inexpensive and powerful broad-spectrum extract to keep around your aromatic treasure collection! Combines phenomenally for home-made therapeutic remedies and diffusing into an environment so effervescently!
How to Use
- Apply 1-3 drops into the hands, rub hands together and gently cup the hands in front of the nose/mouth, take 1-3 deep inhalations for congestion and respiratory relief
- Instill 1 drop into a vial, attach to the Essential VAAAPP & gently heat and take a deep inhalation to open the throat and lungs. Wonderful at first sign of cold/flu.
- Infuse 2.5-10% into your favorite carrier oil and use for for a massage oil. Great applied to the chest during cold / flu.
- Apply into the feet during a nice warm bath to stimulate the immune system. Close eyes to avoid the volatile oils irritating the eyes if the bath is warmer-hot.
Avoid close contact with eyes and other sensitive areas. Avoid use in pregnancy & breastfeeding.
Blends Well With: Sweet Basil, Calamus Root (CO2), Caraway (CO2), Chinese Cedar, Cistus, Copaiba, Eucalyptus Polybractae, Silver Fir, Frankincense Carteri (CO2), Lavender, Leleshwa, Lemon, Niaouli, Peppermint, Rhododendron, Ravensara, White Sage, Black Spruce, Thyme linalol, Tulsi, Wormwood
Country of Origin: Madagascar
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Parts of Plant Used: Leaves
Terpenes: 1,8-Cineole, Sabinene, a-Terpineol, a-Pinene, b-Pinene, Terpinen-4-ol, p-Cymene, a-Caryophyllene, b-Caryophyllene, b-Myrcene
- Tisserand & Young, (2014). Essential oil safety: A guide for health care professionals.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product.*