Cardamom Essential Oil (Elettaria Cardamomum)
Powerful herb revered in India for thousands of years aids in balancing negative effects of caffeine, cardamom essential oil stimulates the mind, supports digestion and metabolism ~ Most popularly known as an ingredient in traditional chai tea.
- Aids in metabolism / circulation
- Assists in weight loss
- Anti-tumor properties (D-Limonene)
- Energizes the mind
- Elevates mood
- Lowers blood pressure
- Neutralizes smokers breath/effects of tobacco
- Promotes diaphoresis (sweating)
- Relieves headaches and tooth pain
- Stimulates enzyme/hormone secretion
- Supports respiratory system
- Soothes insect bites
Aromatic Scent: Crisp, uplifting effervescence; reminiscent of stimulating pine and an Indian kitchen.
Dr. Nick Notes
Cardamom is a truly valuable spice that has been traded and honoured for thousands of years. At the lab we truly enjoy playing with Cardamom extract in our foods (ie. curry), beverages (tea, club soda), botanical blending (ie. our Chai Perfect formula). Science now recognizes the enhanced cognitive awareness (pinene) and anti-tumor properties (D-Limonene) of this precious seed pod. Cardamom essential oil has been noted to express many health benefits.
Cardamom essential oil is extracted from the seeds of the popular and versatile spice ~ Cardamom has been noted in different literature to provide useful balancing support such as spasm reduction, neutralization of the adverse effects of chemotherapy, and easing nausea / upset stomach. This potent botanical aids in GI motility and presents antiseptic, antimicrobial, aphrodisiac, astringent, digestive, stomachic, stimulant, and diuretic qualities. Emotionally cardamom it is also said to help us neutralize anger and take responsibility by removing heat / fire (ie. Wizard Alchemy blend Stillness).
How to Use
- Add a few drops to water for use as a mouthwash.
- Amazing vaporized (inhaled) from an Essential VAAAPP of FireFly!
- Stimulate hair follicles and awaken by taking 1-3 drops and massaging into the scalp.
- Relaxing and stimulating bath - add 2-3 drops in lukewarm water.
- Great for cooking! Add layers of flavor while prolonging your dishes’ shelf life with this antimicrobial.
- Balance negative effects of caffeine by adding one drop into first cup of coffee /tea of the day.
- Diffuse or inhale on boat / car rides to prevent motion sickness.
May cause CNS sensitivity or breathing problems in infants. Avoid applying neat on sensitive skin. May be safe in pregnancy (black cardamom oil has been shown to be safe according to Robert Tisserand in his Essential Oil Safety Handbook).
Blends Well With: Cedar, Rose, Orange, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Ginger, Star Anise, Cinnamon, Galbanum, Clove Bud, Caraway
Country of Origin: Sri-Lanka / Guatemala
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled / CO2 Extracted
Parts of Plant Used: Seeds
Terpenes: Sabinene, Limonene, Terpenene, Eugenol, Cineol, Nerol, Geraniol, Linalool, Nerodilol, Heptenone, Borneol, Alpha Terpineol, Beta Terpineol, Terpinyl Acetate, Alpha Pinene, Myrcene, Cymene, Neryl Acetate, Methyl Heptenone, Linalyl Acetate and Heptacosane.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product. *