$25.00 – $45.00
— OR —
Mugwort is a unique herb that carries a beautiful earthy, musky and Mugwort essential oil expresses an intoxicating sweet aroma, historically touted for its dream-enhancing and sedative properties.
Dr. Nick Notes
If you are looking for Essential Oil Wizardry's Artisan Ultrasonic Extracted Mugwort Tincture, please find this product here. Our Ultrasonic Mugwort Tincture is our locally sourced formulation mentioned by Ben Greenfield in one of his newsletters, and during one of his podcasts on Magnesium with Thomas Delauer. This page features our pure organic, steam-distilled Mugwort essential oil sourced from Morocco. In-JOY!
Mugwort has a mixed reputation among different cultures; for instance In China its medicinal properties have long been used to improve ailments, while in Europe it has been used in witchcraft and black magic. Personally, I find that Mugwort essential oil plays a wonderful role during the blending process providing deep, sensual, sweet aromatic notes to botanical perfumery.
Traditionally, due to its soothing and relaxing effects, Mugwort has been used to calm hysteric attacks in patients when they occur. Some cases of women with blocked menstruation have had success restarting their cycles using this essential oil. Additionally, it can aid in the relief of fatigue, headaches, abdominal pain, and nausea. Mugwort can help to inhibit microbial infections which cause digestive disorders, and has been used to stave off roundworms and tapeworms. Mugwort also stimulates the flow of digestive juices to facilitate digestion. As a diuretic, Mugwort essential oil may increase both the frequency and quantity of urination, reducing the buildup of toxins in the body.
Mugwort oil carries an interesting reputation because of its toxic properties related to its relatively high level of the ketone constituent thujone. These properties are what make Mugwort essential oil effective in some of its traditional uses. In conventional aromatherapy and naturopathic medicine, Mugwort essential oil is not recommended to be used internally or externally. Mugwort remains a useful and important natural botanical extract - with care and professional guidance can be added to your medicine cabinet of therapeutic botanical products. While most aromatherapists may disregard this herb as a toxic essential oil, note that if you choose to engage with this essence, Mugwort essential oil MUST be used consciously - be aware of the potential risk of toxicity!
How to Use
- Due to the nature of Mugwort essential oil and its conventional classification as neurotoxic, we cannot suggest the pure Mugwort essential oil for use internally or topically.
- Diffuse the oil with in your diffuser, suggested diluted with other fragrant essential oils (see below).
- Mugwort may be used as a intoxicating perfume applied to your clothing - It may either slow your cognitive functioning, make waking state a bit more "dream-like" or for some people enhance mental activity and concentration.
- Add several drops when you launder your bed sheets to promote more clairvoyent dreams. Some people apply one or two drops to their pillow before bed.
- Mugwort essential oil can also be used as a perfuming ingredient in botanical perfume to provide earthy, sweet, intoxicating aromatic effects.
This oil is considered to be toxic, irritant, neuro-toxic, and abortifacient. In common language, mugwort is considered poisonous, causes irritations, and has narcotic effects on the brain and the nervous system. Mugwort MAY cause abortions - It should NEVER be used during pregnancy. If you choose to experiment with Mugwort Essential Oil, do so at your own risk!
Country of Origin: Morocco
Extraction: Steam Distilled
Blends Well With: Patchouli, Rosemary, Lavandin, Pine, Sage, Clary Sage, Cedar Atlas, Valerian Root
(Essential Oil Wizardry) – October 14, 2020
Verified review - view original
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Your review *