Agarwood Essential Oil (Oud)
$77.00 – $355.00
Agarwood Essential Oil (Aquilaria sp.)
Intoxicating rare & precious botanical Agarwood essential oil and co2 extract derived from rotting wood of the Aquilaria tree, oudh oil is revered in cultures from all over the world for ritual and use as an aphrodisiac.
- Botanical Perfumery
- Stimulates Immune System
- Digestion Regulation
- Anti-tumor properties (lung / stomach)
- Reduction of Epileptic Seizures (?)
- Urinary Health (diuretic)
- Use in Ceremony / Ritual
- Treatment for Asthma / Bronchitis
- Skin Care
Aromatic Scent: Rich and complex, sweet, warm, deep, precious and noble woody aroma, shades of smoky, amber-y incense and honeyed tobacco, and animalic notes of musk/castoreum
Dr. Nick Notes
Quite a unique and intoxicating consciousness gets produced when the fungal kingdom infects the Aquilaria sp. Agarwood oil or Oudh oil (aka Aloeswood, Eaglewood, Gaharu, Kiara, and Agalocha) forms from the secretion of a substance called oleoresin as a protective reaction to fungal or bacterial attack in the evergreen Aquilaria tree. This highly sought after wood can be burned for use in ritual or extracted into an oil through distillation or CO2 extraction.
The musty, wood-nutty scent of agarwood essential oil has been highly valued as incense and perfume for centuries. It is also powerfully medicinal and one of the most highly valued natural products in the world! It has anaesthetic, sedative, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, aphrodisiac, antimicrobial, and carminative properties. Chinese herbal formulations and Ayurveda have been using this wood for thousands of years to reduce stress, support the immune system, digestive tract and bring balance to the nervous system.
In folklore magick, agarwood essential oil is said to bring manifestation into reality through prayer and intention of burning the wood. All agarwood (oudh oil) extracts are remarkably unique in diversity and there are many species of the Aquilaria tree which produce their own unique variation. This product synergizes nature’s expression and human wit & technology to produce an incredible extract with a wide array of support.
When it comes to rare & exotic plant essences, this may be the most sought after botanical ingredient in the world. Often times oud oil suppliers focus all their energy on sourcing the finest oud from all over the world - the world of oud is expansive and alluring. I’ve experienced close to twenty oud extracts from all different years, regions and extraction methods, each one offering unique characteristics!
Generally speaking, I find oud oil to be an impressive aphrodisiac that expands awareness when taken internally (ie. formulating a tincture) and adds a particular lusty vibration to all perfumes, colognes and energetic formulations. Some batches are incredible psychotropic when vaporized, others are very grounding and centering ~ Give thanks to the uniqueness of plants!
This is a precious ingredient produced by nature and one that should be honoured and revered!
How to Use
- Botanical perfumery and artisan product formulation - a little bit will completely elevate a formulation!
- Place bottle in hot water for increased fluidity and ease of use (esp. CO2 extract)
- Mix this flavor into your cooking! It is popular in many traditional curry recipes and some regions as an additive in wine.
- Great for massage! Integrate a soothing and sensual aroma in your healing practice by blending with a carrier oil such as Jojoba or applying small quantities directly to skin.
- Add to hot water for a cup of Oud tea!
- When using as perfume, infuse into organic alcohol or a carrier oil to make the scent last longer and more vivacious.
Addictive 🙂 Essential oil may counter the effects or increase the potency of some medications (drug interactions). Not for use in pregnancy or during breast-feeding.
Blends Well With: Blue Lotus, Calamus Root (CO2), Cedar Atlas, Clary Sage, Frankincense Sacra, Jasmine, Muhuhu, Rose, Royal Sandalwood, Tobacco, Vanilla, Vetiver, Ylang Ylang
Cultivation: Cultivated & Wildharvested
Country of Origin: India / Cambodia
Extraction Method: CO2 Extracted (India, Assam) & Steam Distilled (Cambodia)
Parts of Plant Used: Wood & Oleoresin
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product. *