Blue Yarrow Essential Oil (Achillea millefolium)
Blue Yarrow Essential Oil is a powerful botanical extract which is useful for healing wounds, stimulating blood clots, balancing skin conditions and support during infections.
- Activates Immune System
- Blood Coagulant (Hemostatic)
- Emenagogue (Promotes Healthy Menstration)
- Potent Anti-Inflammatory
- Reduces Scarring (Cicatrisant)
- Speeds Healing of Wounds
- Stimulates Circulation
Aromatic Scent: Soothing, calm and cooling whispers of the soft summer breeze ~ Oceanic.
Dr. Nick Notes
This plant used to be placed in the sachet of warriors going off to battle as a first-aid poultice for severe wounds and battle traumas. It’s said this plant has immensely powerful hemostatic (blood clotting) properties and would be placed onto fresh wounds from knives/swords to prevent infection and engage the body’s blood clotting cascade. This is the fabled herb that Achilles of the Greek Trojan War used when he was injured in battle to heal his heel’s tendon. Hence botanical name “Achillea” Millefolium. The energetics of Blue Yarrow essential oil seem to reflect warrior consciousness – restorative, powerful, toxic if overused/abused.
Seems to be an energetic rebalancing when using yarrow oil that takes place at moderate doses which may have some effects on modulating habits. When sitting with yarrow, I noticed a fortifying and balancing property which slows thoughts and seems to clear the mind ~ seems to be a great adjunct reset button! The ability to stop bleeding and to neutralize a severe injury yet cause nerve damage if taken internally or at high concentrations for long-term use. Yarrow essential oil acts as a servant promoting justice and balance – a little bit of Yarrow extract can go a long way! Best to infuse directly into a carrier oil and apply topically to any injuries to reduce inflammation and promote healing.
Effective cicatrisant properties to minimize scarring from injuries and stimulates healing of wounds. Please be aware of the powerful emmenagogue properties and avoid use if pregnant. Can be helpful if monthly menstruation is spotty or irregular for strengthening or returning healthy cycles. Useful in skin conditions, especially with other potent anti-inflammatory, healing oils like helichrysum, chamomile and tamanu.
How to Use
- Dangerously injured and bleeding? Cover the injury with a thin coat of 1% Blue Yarrow with fractionated coconut oil to aid to reduce inflammation, risk for infection & speed blood clotting.
- 1% diluted oil may be used to aid in various skin conditions (ie. eczema, psoriasis)
- Helps to regulate menstrual cycle – try in conjunction with clary sage, marjoram and lavender (or see our product blend “Moon Cycle”)
- Infuse 1-2.5% into a carrier oil and massage over lymph, kidney and liver to detoxify. Works great with juniper, frankincense or grapefruit!
- Place 1-3 drops into tepid bath tub to calm the nerves, relax the mind and support the nervous system.
- Massage into chest over lungs to break up stagnancy and reduce inflammation.
Be aware of usage with history of blood clotting diseases. Not recommended for internal usage. May have some toxicity at high doses with long-term use. Do not use if pregnant (emenagogue).
Blends Well With: Angelica Root (CO2), Basil, Cedar Atlas, Frankincense, Galbanum, German Chamomile, Helichrysum, Geranium, Juniper, Myrrh, Black Pepper, Rose, Rosemary Cineole, Tamanu, Turmeric (CO2)
Country of Origin: South Africa
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Parts of Plant Used: Aerial Parts
Terpenes: Borneol Acetate, Borneol, Camphene, Cineole, Camphor, Chamazulene, Isoartemisia Ketone, Limonene, Alpha / Beta Pinene, Sabinene, Gamma Terpinene, and Tricyclene
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product. *