Opoponax Essential Oil
$33.00 – $77.00
Opoponax Essential Oil (Commiphora erthyraea)
Opoponax essential oil is produced from the commonly known as "sweet myrrh" or "bisabolol myrrh", this sacred resin relates to spirituality, skin healing and is a lovely ingredient in botanical perfumery.
- Botanical Perfumery
- Ceremonial Asset
- Culinary Enhancement For Adventurous (Safety Not Well-Established)
- Fixative in Fragrance Design
- Great in Diffuser
- Meditation / Divining Agent
- Relaxes Sore Muscles & Joints
- Skin Care Ingredient
Aromatic Scent: Smooth, bright and uplifting balsamic notes ~ soft resinous summer bubble gum.
Dr. Nick Notes
Opoponax is such a precious sacred resin that energetically connects an embodied experience with higher planes of consciousness. Quite smooth as a fixative in botanical perfumery and great to elevate the environment through a diffuser. Opoponax essential oil seems to soften/balance emotions and enhance connection to the divine when combined with intention. Applied into a carrier oil such a jojoba creates a nice tonifying experience that calms the nervous system and slows the mind when inhaled and rubbed into the face. Did I mention how wonderful and unique extremely small quantities of opoponax are for creating unique flavors in coconut ice cream, tinctures – if I drank alcohol, I could see how this could invent a fine liqueur.
My first experience blending Opoponax created Summer Breeze which combined Red Mandarin, Opoponax, Juniper Berries (CO2), Silver Fir & Frankincense as a wondrous, refreshing tincture to enhance awareness to the present moment. Opoponax oil is smooth and rich ~ yet exudes soft balsamic notes. I've enjoyed applying it to the bottom of my feet or around my third eye intentionally to enhance the quality of my meditation or rituals. Opoponax essential oil is a key ingredient to my formula Crown (which also combines Oud, Blue Lotus, CO2 Nutmeg, Pink Pepper) and is really interesting when applied to the crown/scalp of the head.
How to Use
- Add 5-25 drops / ounce of carrier oil mixed with other sacred essences to create a phenomenally smooth massage oil to deepen relaxation.
- Apply diluted blend to the wrist points, bottom of the feet and below the nose before ceremony or intentional meditation to deepen practice.
- Enjoy lukewarm bath, placing 3-5 drops under running water – paradise!
- Rub 1-3 drops into hands, move hands in front and around the body to cleanse energy field.
- Massage 1-5 drops into bottom of feet to ground an relax the body and expand the consciousness.
- Diffuse into the environment using a diffuser to purify the environment and clear the thoughts.
- Infuse 1-2.5% into a carrier oil and apply to face before bedtime to soften and vitalize the skin.
- Use as a sweet base-mid note in botanical perfumery – blends well with other resins, citrus oils, florals and sacred notes (ie. Frankincense/Myrrh/Galbanum)
- Vaporize in an Essential VAAAPP for a deep meditative experience – helps to loosen phelgm.
Not for use topically in sensitive individuals - Some risk of dermal irritation. Use very diluted (<0.6% topical) for extended periods of usage. May cause photosensitivity, avoid topical use under direct sunlight.
Blends Well With: African Copal Bark (CO2), Agarwood, Blue Lotus Absolute, Cedar, Frankincense Sacra, Galbanum (CO2), Geranium, Lavender, Black Pine, Sandalwood, Black Spruce,
Country of Origin: S. Africa
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Parts of Plant Used: Resin
Terpenes: (E)-B-Bergamotene, a-Bergamotene, (z)-a-Bisabolene, Decanol, Germacrene D, (E)-B-Ocimene, a-Santalene
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product. *
1 review for Opoponax Essential Oil
Adam Scibich (Essential Oil Wizardry) –
New Jersey, United States