Allspice Essential Oil (CO2)
$25.00 – $45.00
Allspice Essential Oil (Pimenta officinalis) ~ CO2 Extract
Allspice Essential Oil (extracted from "pimento berries") are potent broad-spectrum anti-microbial & act as a digestive stimulant ~ Allspice Extract adds a firey quality of aromatic delicacy to foods & beverages.
- Anti-microbial / Anti-septic
Aromatic Scent: Warm, firey spice with sweet / clove (eugenol) notes - very powerful, full-spectrum spice!
Dr. Nick Notes
Pimento berries (Allspice berries) have a long history of therapeutic use for digestive imbalances. This warm and spicy oil is similar to cinnamon or clove due to its high eugenol (phenol) content and has similar therapeutic applications. Allspice is great to relax the nerves and muscles but must be strongly diluted (less than 1%) - absolutely to be used with caution if used topically as it is a dermal irritant at full strength.
Allspice is a powerful broad-spectrum anti-microbial extract that can be vaporized during times of infection using a Firefly Vaporizer OR a Essential VAAAPP. Allspice Berries is a delicious extract that adds spectacular Autumn hues into soups, potatoes, cookies and mixes quite well with other spice extracts. Be mindful of the extreme potency of this extract! A little bit goes a huge way 🙂
How to Use
- Add 1~2 drops into water, juice, tea, or food for flavor and/or to enhance digestion
- Add highly diluted (<1%) to massage oils and salves to assist in relieving sore muscles, aches, and pains. Great combined with Black Pepper, Nutmeg for a synergistic, more potent formulation!
- Diffuse into the environment to purify the air and add a cozy warm energy to the room.
Tisserand and Young recommend a dermal maximum of 0.15% (likely due to methyleugenol content). May interfere with blood clotting. To be avoided during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Blends Well With: Black Pepper, Caraway (CO2), Cardamom (CO2), Cassia (CO2), Chili (CO2), Cinnamon Bark, Clove Bud, Mace, Nutmeg (CO2), Schisandra Fruit (CO2), Star Anise (CO2), Wintergreen
Country of Origin: Guatemala
Extraction Method: CO2 Extract
Parts of Plant Used: Berries
Terpenes: Eugenol, 1,8-Cineole, B-Caryophyllene, a-Caryophyllene, Methyleugenol, Gamma-Cadinene, Caryophyllene oxide
~ Gracious Botanical Support ~
- Tisserand, R., Young, R., & Williamson, E. M. (2014). Essential oil safety: a guide for health care professionals (2nd ed.). Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier.
- The Aromatherapy Practitioner Reference Manual: The Complete Reference Book of Over 350 Aromatic Plant Extracts, Index of Biologically Active Phytochemicals, Clinical Index and Taxonomical Index (Volumes 1 and 2)
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product. *