Litsea Cubeba Essential Oil (Litsea Cubeba, aka May Chang)
Litsea Cubeba essential oil (aka May Chang) is extracted from a fruit with a highly pleasing tropical citrus aroma which offers versatile medicinal benefits.
- Cleansing for the soul
- Culinary Enhancement
- Purifies auric field from negative energy
- Relaxes the nervous system
- Tonifies the skin
- Uplifting and Rejuvenating
Aromatic Scent: Sweet, warm, reminiscent of an uplifting tropical lime with a floral pepper undertone.
Dr. Nick Notes
Litsea cubeba essential oil, also known as May Chang is a commonly grown plant often extracted for it’s high citral content in countries around the world, often for industrial and perfuming purposes. Litsea is very interesting as a unique flavor additive into gourmet food preparation adding notes similar to a tropical lime, very uplifting yet unwinds an overactive nervous system.
We’ve enjoyed blending Litsea cubeba for it’s lovely aromatic notes in botanical perfumery using low concentrations (can be a skin irritant) Its scent is immediately uplifting and rejuvenating and can be diffused in any environment to raise the vibration and elevate the mood. I’ve also observed noticeable dissipation of negative energies with applying a few drops to the fingertips and applying around the body’s auric field.
Try using a few drops infused into your favorite salad dressing, applying to savory cooked meals and other intriguing kitchen dishes. Delicious to the aromatic senses and calms the nervous system when diffused into an environment. Litsea cubeba is a less commonly known, much have for the essential oil collection!
How to Use
- Make yourself a fresh Ginger root tea add Litsea Cubeba essential Oil infused Honey – Here at the lab we like to infuse a few drops into 1 cup of raw honey. This Ginger Litsea Cubeba Tea will be a potent digestive aid!
- Auric Cleanse- Add a few drops on your hands and snap your fingers all around your body for a warm, citrusy fresh – uplifting energy enhancement.
- Diffuse a few drops for a refreshing and stimulating quick pick-me-up (relieves fatigue and blues). The scent is very uplifting yet calms the nervous system.
- Acne and breakouts- Mix 7-12 drops of Litsea Cubeba in a 1 Oz bottle of jojoba oil and dab it all over your face twice a day to cleanse the pores and reduce inflammation.
- Potent disinfectant and insect repellant which makes a wonderful household cleaner. Use it on its own or combine it with Tea Tree oil by infusing a few drops into water and use it as a spray mister spray to wipe down & cleanse surfaces.
Applied topically can be very irritating to the skin – if considering topical application, use at a low concentration (ie. <2.5%). Avoid direct application to the skin under direct sunlight or risk phototoxicity.
Blends Well With: Basil, Bergamot, Clary sage, Geranium, Ginger, Jasmine, Lavender, Linaloe wood, Petitgrain, Rose, Rosemary, Rosewood, Ylang-Ylang and all citrus oils.
Country of Origin: Belgium / Brazil / Vietnam
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Parts of Plant Used: Pepper (Fruit)
Terpenes: Geranial, Neral, (+)-Limonene, Methyl heptenone, Linalool, Sabinene, Linalyl acetate, Nerol.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product.