Virginian Cedarwood Essential Oil
Virginian Cedarwood Essential Oil (Juniperus virginiana)
Cedar is one of the most important Native American ceremonial plants, used by many tribes as an incense and purifying herb. Virginian Cedarwood essential oil is especially associated with prayer, healing, dreams, and protection against disease.
- Used in soap-making
- Promotes respiratory health
- Insect repellent
Aromatic Scent: Fresh, woody, balsamic ~ gentle yet deep.
Dr. Nick Notes
Virginian Cedarwood Essential Oil delivers a reminiscent fragrance of my wood shop class in my junior high studies, Virginian Cedar is locally sourced wood from the midwest here in the states. A gentle nervous system balancer and light mood lifter, perhaps connected a majority of individuals subconscious awareness reflecting the scent of a forest. The fragrance truly reminds me of fresh pencil shavings with a smile.
I’ve enjoyed playing with small amounts of this essence to add unique notes to botanical perfumery. Cedarwood oil is known to be effective as a skin tonic to balance the moisture levels of the skin. Some elderly have reported ease of arthritic symptoms when rubbed gently into the joints (often suggested diluted in a carrier oil). Cedarwood essence is truly effective against the bacterium Propionibacterium acnes responsible for acne while also adding vitality to the epidermal layers of the skin.
Get Cedar Stoked with the Juniperus species!!
How to Use
- Diffuse after a stressful day to relax the mind and body using a diffuser.
- Use with a carrier oil in massage therapy, experiment with 1 - 5%, test for sensitivity!
- Add 1–2 drops to facial toner or moisturizer for added clarifying properties.
- Inhale directly or diffuse to promote healthy respiratory function.
- Apply to the bottom of the feet to ease the nervous system.
- Infuse into your favorite shampoo and body care products (ie. 15-30 drops).
Use with caution during pregnancy, particularly in the 1st trimester. May cause skin irritation in some cases; test before use. Do not take internally, avoid eyes, ears, and nose.
Blends Well With: Bergamot, Clary Sage, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Juniper Berry, Opoponax, Rosemary, and many floral oils.
Country of Origin: USA
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Parts of Plant Used: Wood
Terpenes: (major) Thujopsene, Cedrol, ∀-Cedrene, ∃-Cedrene, ∀-Copaene, (minor) Widdrol 1% (Lawrence).
- Lawrence, 1993; Laurel Laboratories, Inc., 2002; Mookherjee & Wilson, 1996
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product. *