Commonly known as marigold, this floral extract has dreamy qualities and is a known toxic repellent to insects and may aid in conquering mild infections and supporting respiratory conditions.
- Botanical Perfumery
- Enhances Dream States
- Mildly Psychoactive
- Opens the Airways
- Supports Respiratory Conditions
- Toxic Repellent to Household Pests
Aromatic Scent: Unique intoxicating honey-like caramel notes with soft green base ~ potent.
Dr. Nick Notes
A powerful medicine for the advanced user. The unique terpene profile and intoxicating fragrance characteristics make this a tool for the experience user. Tagetes has historically been used for flavoring tobacco (and possibly adding some psychoactive qualities) and the ground herb is used as a spice for rice, curry in different parts of the world. Tagetes has been used in high-end French perfumes and can be applied for incredible botanical perfumes.
As an insect repellent, tagetes offers some toxicity and repelling properties towards bed bugs, lice, mosquitoes & fleas. This might also aid in keeping away cockroaches, ants & termites. One should be careful if using Tagetes to aid in infections, or respiratory conditions (opens the airways) due to the estragole/ketone content and skin sensitivity. This oil is likely more effective and easily used with several drops into a bath tub or inhaled passively from a diffuser or combined (at less than 0.1%) into a carrier oil with other essential oils.
Be aware of the skin sensitivity, avoid sunlight if applied using extremely low concentrations and don't ingest this essence. This is an eclectic, inexpensive essential oil for the EO aficionado collection!
How to Use
- Inhale deeply from the bottle to aid in respiratory conditions.
- Place 15-30 drops into a 1 oz spray bottle to repel bugs, insects and mosquitoes. Considering mixing with tea tree, geranium, citronella.
- Make a blend mixing tagetes, lavender, mugwort to diffuse in your bedroom to aid in deeper sleep with more lucidity.
- Take a warm bath with 1-2 drops and relax away the worries of the day (avoid in sensitive individuals)
Contains ketones, avoid in elderly and humans with a history of seizures. Avoid use in pregnancy. This oil may cause skin sensitivity to sunlight (Phototoxic). Applied is likely to cause skin irritation or dermatitis – always dilute if considering applying to skin or body using a carrier oil at less than <0.1%. (Tisserand, Essential Oil Handbook)
Blends Well With: Bergamot, Citrus, Clary Sage, Geranium, Jasmine, Lavender, Lemon, Spearmint, Tea Tree, Ylang Ylang
Country of Origin: S. Africa
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Parts of Plant Used: Flowering Parts
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product. *