Legends whisper of Spikenard’s anointing upon Jesus feet ~ Spikenard (Jatamansi) is a medicinal extract supporting balance of the nervous system, skin regeneration and works as a powerful sedative.
– Bug Repellent
– CNS tonic
– Reduces stress
– Skin Tonic
Aromatic Scent: Sweet, damp, earthy and resinous tones overlaying gentle woody notes.
Dr. Nick Notes
Our Spikenard essential oil is produced from distilling the wildharvested roots of Nardostachys Jatamansi that grow wild in the Himalayan mountains. Nepal & India are amongst the top producers of this precious oil which is quite a precious resource. Spikenard is an endangered plant and is best used mindfully in moderation for this reason. Currently there are efforts to increase cultivation of Spikenard to reduce wildharvesting of this precious plant in both India & Nepal!
Spikenard essential oil is a powerful ally when experiencing anxiety and restlessness. Jatamansi offers a very strong relaxing and soothing effect on the nervous system. Spiritually jatamansi offers a long history of being used for meditation, prayer, and balancing the root chakra. Spikenard has been used as a nerve tonic in Ayurvedic herbalism for thousands of years ~ to balance the nervous system, to promote a deeper quality of meditation, Spikenard is a potent botanical ally!
With it’s powerful aroma and therapeutic properties, a small amount of Spikenard can synergize blends in wondrous ways. Deep quality of restoration and to jatamansi is a credible support during times of transition. In-JOY with reverence this sacred root extract.
How to Use
- Anoint or massage 2-5 drops to the bottom of the feet before bed for more restful sleep.
- For cuts, wounds or injuries, apply spikenard or infused into a carrier oil (10-30%) to aid in recovery. Great added to helichrysum for a powerful regenerative synergy!
- Use palm-inhalation method to calm the nervous system. Put 1-3 drops into the hands, rub hands together and take three deep inhalations, massage on back of the neck. Great before bed!
- Some people enjoy applying Spikenard as a botanical perfume to calm and ground the nervous system. Use 1-3 drops and apply around the body.
None known. Contains no known carcinogens.
Blends Well With: Angelica Root (CO2), Black Pepper, Cardamom, Calamus Root (CO2), Cedarwood, Cistus, Clary Sage, Cypress, Frankincense Serrata (CO2), Galbanum (CO2), Helichrysum, Juniper Berries (CO2), Lavender, Patchouli, Pine, Pink Pepper, Royal Sandalwood, Vetiver, Ylang Ylang
Country of Origin: India
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Parts of Plant Used: Roots
Terpenes: Nardol, Formic acid, α-selinene, Dihydro-β-ionone, Nardol isomer, Selinene isomer, Propionic acid, β-Caryophylline, Cubebol, α-Gurjunene, α-Caryophyllene, γ-Gurjunene, Selinene isomer, 7-Hexadecene, (E)-Nerolidol, Calamenene, Epoxy-ledene
~ In Loving Service ~
- The Aromatherapy Practitioner Reference Manual: The Complete Reference Book of Over 350 Aromatic Plant Extracts, Index of Biologically Active Phytochemicals, Clinical Index and Taxonomical Index (Volumes 1 and 2)
- Tisserand, R., Young, R., & Williamson, E. M. (2014). Essential oil safety: a guide for health care professionals (2nd ed.). Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier.
- Medical Aromatherapy: Healing with Essential Oils, Kurt Schnaubelt, 1999, p. 208.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product. *