Niaouli is a powerful broad-spectrum anti-microbial that supports the immune system and touts herself as a potent respiratory ally.
– Analgesic (Mild)
– Protective Against Radiation
Aromatic Scent: A Cooling, Medicinal & Camphorous scent with Purifying notes
Dr. Nick Notes
Niaouli is a powerfully therapeutic essential oil, not well known by many. Related to Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia) and can be used in a similar way topically with less concern for irritation. Not to be confused with the prized Neroli (Orange Blossom Flowers from Citrus aurantium), Niaouli profuses superior immune stimulatory properties and is valuable during colds/flu seasons. A great oil to diffuse amongst the home space or kitchen to keep body vibrant and healthy.
Niaouli is not considered to be one of the most pleasant aromatic oils, it’s therapeutic properties make it a highly desirable asset to add to any essential oil enthusiast’s medicine chest. It is great to use to support skin infections, cuts, scrapes, acne, bug bites, as well as respiratory conditions such as asthma, bronchitis, and congestion.
Niaouli is a wonderful botanical ingredient for respiratory formulations, immune-stimulant mixtures and home-cleaning products. Certain species of Niaouli produce a superior cellular uptake of other molecules in solution, adding into effectiveness of therapeutic formulas (see Nerolina) deducted from Ethan Russo’s research. Great broad-spectrum ally to keep around and enjoy!
How to Use
- Add 1 drop to warm water or tea to support immune system during times of illness.
- Apply around the body during travel, especially walking through x-rays and other radiation emitting devices.
- Diffuse into the air to purify the environment from airborne infections and open up the respiratory system.
- Dilute in water, carrier oil, cream, or lotion and use as antiseptic for cuts, scrapes, skin infections, pains and minor burns.
- Inhale through palm-inhalation method or using an essential oil vaporizer (Essential VAAAPP) to open up the respiratory system and aid with infections.
- Use 1 drops into 1-2 ounces of water, mix well for use as a natural mouthwash – swish and spit, add with natural salt for a great sore throat aid!
Blends Well With: Eucalyptus, Howood, Lavender, Leleshwa, Lemon, Blood Orange, Bitter Orange, Peppermint, Ravensara, Rosemary Cineole, Clary Sage, White Sage, Tea Tree, Thyme Linalol
Country of Origin: Madagascar
Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
Parts of Plant Used: Leaves
Terpenes: (E)-Nerolidol, Linalool, 1,8-Cineole, α-Pinene, Terpinen-4-ol, Viridiflorol, β-Caryophyllene
~ Powerful Plant Allies ~
- Tisserand, R., Young, R., & Williamson, E. M. (2014). Essential oil safety: a guide for health care professionals (2nd ed.). Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier.
- The Aromatherapy Practitioner Reference Manual: The Complete Reference Book of Over 350 Aromatic Plant Extracts, Index of Biologically Active Phytochemicals, Clinical Index and Taxonomical Index (Volumes 1 and 2)
- Taming THC: potential cannabis synergy and phytocannabinoid-terpenoid entourage effects. Russo EB. Br J Pharmacol. 2011 Aug;163(7):1344-64. doi:10.1111/j.1476-5381.2011.01238.x. Review.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product. *