Red Mandarin is a cold-pressed essential oil from the skin of the fruit: expressed as a regal, uplifting, sweet and immune stimulating extract.
- Aids in circulation / digestion
- Beneficial for the digestive system
- Brightens your Energy
- Nervous relaxant / sedative
- Skin Tonic
- Soothes your mind
- Super Uplifting
Aromatic Scent: Warm, smooth, sweet-tangy uplifting citrus aroma; Summertime with a slight floral undertone.
Dr. Nick Notes
Red Mandarin is a widely cultivated fruit tree in many warm temperate to tropical areas. Mandarins have a special place in Chinese culture – in traditional medicine, the dried peel is used to rejuvenate your skin, relax your mind as well as improve digestion and circulation. For Chinese people, mandarins, along with tangerines, symbolizes abundance and good fortune. The essence is extracted from the peels of the popular and versatile fruit and smells as sparkly as the mandarin tastes.
Red Mandarin is an exquisite citrus that has been shared and honored for its medicinal values. The extract itself is quite joyful and uplifting – applied into a carrier oil, the mixture can act as quite a refreshing skin tonic. At the lab we truly enjoy playing with Red Mandarin extract in our foods (ie. salad, baked goods), beverages (ie. tea, club soda), botanical perfumery (ie. our Tiki’s Flame / Summer Breeze formula). A few drops into water after lunch or dinner facilitates digestion by stimulating the discharge of digestive juices and bile into the stomach.
The fragrance of red mandarin is quite bright and weaves a golden cheery nectar into botanical perfumes. Diffused into an environment can stimulate the immune system (D-Limonene) and elevate the space with an uplifting citrus tone. Red Mandarin expresses a regal quality of citrus with wide versatility. You will LOVE Red Mandarin!!
How to Use
- Amazing culinary enhancement! Infuse a few drops into 4-16 oz of olive oil as a dressing
- Fun Conscious Elixir – refreshing when infused into club soda or water for special occasions.
- Red Mandarin essential oil adds a delicious top-note in botanical perfumery.
- Cleansing and revitalizing bath – add 1-3 drops in lukewarm water.
- Apply several drops into a diffuser to cheer up an environment and stimulate immune system.
Photosensitizing. Dilute before using. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin. It has been known to show photo-toxicity and it may produce irritation in some skin types. Avoid use of aged oil exposed to oxygen (oxidation) as this increases potential skin reactivity.
Blends Well With: Bergamot, Blood Orange, Cinnamon Bark, Clary Sage, Clove Bud, Frankincense, Grapefruit, Lavender, Lime, Lemon, Neroli, Nutmeg, Palo Santo, Seabuckthorn Pulp (CO2), Rose and Star Anise (CO2)
Country of Origin: Brazil / Italy
Extraction Method: Cold Pressed
Parts of Plant Used: Peels
Terpenes: Limonene, Terpinene, Pinene, Myrcene, Cymene, Thujene, Terpinolene
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product.