Grapefruit is a potent medicinal citrus which ranges from a lymph / liver / gallbladder stimulant, mood enhancer, skin cleanser, and balances appetite.
- Amazing Household Cleanser (ie. Windows/leather)
- Botanical Perfumery
- Clears Acne
- Culinary Enhancer
- Curbs Food Cravings
- Elevates Mood
- Great in Diffuser
- Increases Energy / Focus
- Strengthens Immune System
- Stimulates Gallbladder / Liver Systems
Aromatic Scent: Juicy, sweet with a hint of tangy bitter zing ~ super fresh grapefruit juice!
Dr. Nick Notes
Our distilled Grapefruit Essence is precious and differs from most grapefruit oil – a majority of the citrus oils are cold-pressed from the peel of the fruit. Our Grapefruit Essence is unique in that it's a steam-distilled product that is extracted from the FRUIT of the grapefruit. The result? A sweeter, lighter and very uplifting grapefruit extract – phenomenally potent, like a cup of fresh ripened grapefruit inhaled through your nostrils.
Grapefruit is such an interesting citrus oil to work with therapeutically. Emotionally it feels very zingy, uplifting and tends to elevate a lowered mood. Grapefruit, high in D-Limonene seems to stimulate the immune system, gallbladder and have some tumor fighting properties (as do all citrus oils with high D-Limonene). When I've taken it as a food additive, I feel an increased awareness to food cravings, sugar particularly. Seems as though there is a heightened sensitivity around desires to eat.
Infused into a carrier oil such as jojoba, grapefruit oil becomes very tonifying and stimulates the lymph system and is a great ally to conquer acne. I've read that it may aid in toning cellultis by helping move fluid and fat through the body – though I haven't yet seen that –> may be worth experimenting with the infused oil noted above. Quite handy for cleaning around the house added into some white vinegar and sprayed or wiped on counters/windows. Grapefruit oil is also quite effective at removing sticky stains around furniture and dissolving gunky grease from cars. Diffused into the environment grapefruit lifts the room, works as a disinfectant and may strengthen the immune system. I could see this as a beneficial, clarifying essence to diffuse in the home for students and serious professionals engaging in diligent concentrated practices.
Did I mention this is an incredibly delicious and POTENT food / beverage additive?
Avoid use in direct sunlight!
How to Use
- Amazingly uplifting zing using 1 drop, inhaled through the Essential VAAAPP or FireFly Vaporizer.
- Diffuse into the environment to purify and uplift naturally.
- Use 1-2 drops in salad dressing to enhance the flavor and comfort the digestive feedback loop.
- Infuse 1-5% into a carrier oil and massage over lymph, kidney and liver. Works great with juniper oil!
- Prepare a cleaning spray by adding 5-10 drops per ounce of water/vinegar mixture for a household cleanser.
- Try adding into Epsom Salt or Magnesium Rich natural salt to create your own stimulating bath salt.
- Use several drops with a rag and water to remove gunk/sticky stains.
You may choose to avoid use during pregnancy. Undiluted use may cause skin irritation in sensitive individuals. Citrus oils are known to cause photosensitization when applied to the skin under direct sunlight. We do not recommend applying this oil if going into direct sunlight.
Distilled citrus oils shouldn't have the same constituents present responsible for the severe sunburn – please apply a small test patch if under direct sunlight to assure no hypersensitive sunburn reaction due to grapefruit essence oil.
Blends Well With: Basil, Black Cumin, Black Pepper, Blood Orange, Cedar, Clove Bud, Clary Sage, Frankincense, Geranium, Ginger, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Mugwort, Neroli, Palmarosa, Patchouli, Rosemary Cineole, Spearmint, Turmeric, Yarrow and Ylang Ylang
Country of Origin: S. Africa
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Parts of Plant Used: Fruit
Terpenes: Primarily D-Limonene (typically <85-90%). Also Decyl Acetate, Neryl Acetate Geraniol, Citronellal, Alpha-Pinene, Linalool, Myrcene, Sabinene, Terpinenol
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product. *