Ancient resin, revered in the sacred text Egyptian papyri and used in embalming by the Egyptian's ~ Galbanum is a deep musky extract that works on tonifying the body, dispelling negative energies and enhancing the mood.
- Botanical Perfumery
- Clears Acne
- Detoxifying (powerful!)
- Enhances Circulation
- Great in Diffuser
- Insecticide / Bug-Repellent
- Joint Pain (ie. Arthritis)
- Reduces Scars (cicatrisant)
- Speeds Healing of Wounds
Aromatic Scent: Deeply pungent and musky ~ earthy and penetrating!
Dr. Nick Notes
Tonifies, detoxifies, moves stagnancy, clears negative energy, works as a cicatrisant to aid in healing scar tissue. Galbanum is a seriously potent extract that is not for the faint of heart. This is a bonifide ancient medicine used by the Egyptian cultures and used for thousands of years. Aids in breaking up mucus as a decongestant in the lungs and aid in bringing back in the center. Try massaging a few drops into the hands and taking three deep inhalations – this slows the mind, centers the self and aids in focus and restoring balance to one's day. Great for clearing negative energy in an environment, a key ingredient to our Psychic Protection formula!
Works well in conjunction with other essential oils (see “Blends Well With” section) as it seems to potentiate the effects. This extract is perfect for cutting energetic attachments, breaking through emotional hurdles and lies. Aids in shifting an environment, my suggested use is to apply around the body and into the auric field (rubbing in front and on sides of body). This extract is also aidful in reducing scars, healing wounds and may be used as an anti-parasitic / insect repellent. Galbanum stimulates circulation in the body and can consider massaging into inflamed or arthritic joints. Try using Galbanum as an anointing oil to deepen your meditative experience – I find application on my crown / third eye to be pretty pronounced.
The intense spicy notes seems to dissipate once applied to the skin. Try adding with some citrus or mint notes to redirect the fragrance in a more pleasant way.
How to Use
- Apply neat onto skin after bearing birth – great for stretch marks!
- Clears energy field, brings balance and relaxes lungs – vaporize 1-3 inhalations from 1 drop Galbanum extract inhaled through the Essential VAAAPP or FireFly Vaporizer.
- Diffuse into the environment to cleanse and restore.
- Dynamic Diffuse to cleanse an environment of negative energy by placing 1-5 drops on fingertips or hands and snapping/wafting fingertips or hands around a room. Very powerful!!
- Infuse 1-5% into a carrier oil and massage over lymph, kidney and liver. Works great with juniper, frankincense or grapefruit! Potent skin tonic that aids in circulation.
- Prepare an energetic cleaning spray by adding 5-10 drops per ounce of water/vinegar mixture for a household cleanser – great with citrus to enhance the fragrance.
- Massage into chest over lungs to break up stagnancy and reduce inflammation.
- Place a few drops on incense to enhance the energetic properties.
- Apply several drops around the crown and third eye as an anointing blend to enhance meditative experiences.
You may choose to avoid use during pregnancy. Fragrance is very powerful, consider avoiding around sensitive individuals.
Blends Well With: Basil, Black Cumin, Carrot Seed (CO2), Clary Sage, Frankincense, Geranium, Juniper, Lavender, Mugwort, Rose, Rosemary Cineole, Black Spruce, Turmeric, Yarrow
Country of Origin: Iran
Extraction Method: CO2 Extract
Parts of Plant Used: Resin (Extracted from Roots)
Terpenes: Primarily Pinene (Alpha/Beta). Myrcene, Delta 3-Carene, Limonene, Phellandrene, Fenchyl acetate, Guaiol, Eudesmol beta, Bulnesol.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product. *