- Native to a narrow, 220-mile strip of land from the northern edge of California into the western coast of Oregon, this strong tree is also known as Port Orford White Cedar, Oregon Cedar, and Lawson Cypress.
- Domestic and agricultural fungicide
- Protects against fleas, etc.
- Botanical Perfumery
Aromatic Scent: coniferous, balsamic, light & earthy, green, woody, slightly sweet, and hints of ginger tones
Dr. Nick Notes
The energy expressed through this essence is gentle, woodsy and light – seemingly more sweet and subtle than Himalayan / Atlas cedar essences. Upon smelling this extract, one gets transported into the wet forest of Oregon where the birds fly courageously and the beautiful landscape swoons with each sunset.
I’ve found this to be a neat collectible plant essence for essential oil aficionados and perfumers alike. Not commonly traded on the commercial essential oil market, this is truly a neat addition to botanical perfumery adding another dimension in the mid-notes.
My therapeutic application with this essence has been limited – applied to the bottom of the feet, I have found this to be quite grounding and relaxing. When inhaled I notice increased awareness into the moment, reminding me to be still in my body. This plant ally is fortifying and protective.
How to Use
- Mix a few drops in water and spray to repel insects and pests
- Add a few drops to pet shampoo
- Apply into the soles of feet for relaxation/grounding
- Infuse into a carrier oil and apply directly onto topical fungal infection
- Add quantity as preferred for special mid-notes in botanical perfumery
Avoid contact with eyes. Dilute if applying topically to the skin.
Blends Well With: bergamot, cedar atlas, clary sage, cypress, frankincense, jasmine, juniper, lavender, neroli, orange, pine, petitgrain, rose, rosemary, sandalwood, spearmint, vetiver and ylang-ylang.
Country of Origin: Oregon
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Parts of Plant Used: Heartwood
Terpenes: terpineol, cadinene, pinene, camphor, fenchol, cadinol, fenchone, muurolene, terpineol, limonene, muurolol, citronellol, amorphene, terpinolene, isopulegol, borneol, camphene, 1,4-cineole, cymene, cymenene, elemene, myrtenol
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product. *