CO2 Extracted Carrot Seed (Daucus carota) is high in essential nutrients and rich fatty acids, making it one of the best choices for regenerative and protective skin treatments.
- Balances Equilibrium
- Calms Nervous System
- Digestive Aid
- Nourishing Skin Tonic
- Revitalizing / Tonifying
- Skin Protection & Recovery
Aromatic Scent: Fresh, fruity and sweet with a smooth, warm, earthy undertone.
Dr. Nick Notes
Carrot Seed is a more exotic & rare botanical extract. Carrot seed provides a superior skin care ingredient with a rich nutrient profile to support regeneration & nourishment of the skin. Very calming to the nervous system, Carrot Seed (CO2) has a relaxing quality to its essence. Carrot seed is a spectacular ingredient for use with therapeutic formulas and in very small quantities can really help soften the scent, enhance relaxation and add a nourishing quality. Carrot Seed is wonderful applied to the skin before, during and after sun exposure with its nutritive properties.
Carrot Seed extract can be a wonderful digestive agent, I have found applying this onto the stomach and taking deep inhalations to be helpful for stomach upsets & nausea. The scent is very soothing and calming, like a comfort and can reduce anxiety or high-levels of stress. Very important to avoid this extract during times of pregnancy or breastfeeding as Chinese research found at high doses Carrot Seed to have an abortifactant reaction – YIKES!
How to Use
- Antifungal ~ Combine carrot seed with other antifungal essential oils like clove, geranium or tea tree. Diffuse, spray, or create a diluted topical application – test on small area to assure safety / no skin reaction before applying onto skin.
- Digestive Aid ~ include 1-3 drops of carrot seed essential oil in culinary preparations, making sure to stir it into a lipid before adding it to the full recipe.
- Massage 1-3 drops into your temples to counter-balance dizziness.
- Repair Damaged Skin ~ massage carrot oil into your body for its power to rejuvenate skin cells. This may be beneficial for skin conditions including eczema or psoriasis as well.
- Rub 1-3 drops into your palms and deep inhale 3 times for nausea or upset stomach – Then massage onto your belly using clockwise circular strokes.
- Sunburn Recovery – Mix 7 drops of Carrot Seed oil in a 1 Oz bottle of Jojoba Oil and dab it all over your body twice a day to rejuvenate and nourish your skin.
Do Not Use During Pregnancy – may interfere with gestation. Contraindicated in pregnancy and breastfeeding! Carrot Seed is considered to be non-toxic, non-irritant & non-sensitizing.
Blends Well With: Bergamot, Cedar Atlas, Cinnamon Leaf, Fennel, Frankincense Carterii (CO2), Geranium, Lime, Blood Orange, Rosemary Cineole
Cultivation: Conventional, Unsprayed
Country of Origin: Germany
Extraction Method: CO2 Select Extract
Parts of Plant Used: Seed
Terpenes: Caratol, alpha-Pinene, Dauca-4,8-diene, beta-Caryophyllene, (E)-Dauc-8-en-4beta-ol, Sabinene, Geranyl acetate, beta-Bisabolene, Caryophyllene oxide, (E)-beta-Farnescene, Geraniol, (E)-alpha-Bergamotene, Daucol, (-)-Limonene, beta-Pinene, beta-Myrcene, (Z)-alpha-Bergamotene, beta-Selinene
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product.*